Pages

10.03.2009

Cold Season Begins

The wee ones have come down with a cold. I hate seeing them sick. I would gladly take any sickness they got for myself to spare them if I could. Poor little Jake is not only coughing and sneezing and dripping snot from his nose, but he's also cutting a molar. I feel so terrible for him.

For some reason, in the midst of this sickness, nothing but Daddy will do. It's kind of a weird thing for me to deal with, since the older child always runs to me when he gets hurt or sick. Jake won't even barely let me touch him, and I get the distinct feeling that he thinks being sick is somehow my fault. He actually ran from me this morning and clutched at his Dad's legs like I was some evil monster coming to get him. I chalk this up to the fact that I'm the one who chases him down to wipe his snotty nose.

All I want to do is snuggle him and let him fall asleep in my lap :(

1 comment:

~Laura said...

Oh, I hate when they play the Daddy card! Nothing makes me more jealous. Especially when you are the one there all day! Hope he feels better soon!