Pages

5.21.2010

Six-Word Fridays: The Unexpected

Melissa at Making Things Up has started a new Friday series called Six-Word Fridays. And you know what? Sentences with only six words is trickier than it sounds. Anyway, here's my stab at it. Go over and participate if you have time!

I never thought we'd be here.
Not the first time we met.
You filled an empty, broken heart.
I was scared to let go.
Once I tried to break up.
You told me you'd stick around.
You said being friends was ok.
And that's when my love grew.
I knew you weren't going away.

And now we have two children.
We have a mortgage and yard.
We love and fight and reconcile.
Thank you for not letting go.
Thank you for giving me time.
You were very unexpected back then.
And even now you surprise me.

5 comments:

WitchyDarling said...

Aw! That's sweet. And each sentence has 6 words. Crazy! :)

Melissa said...

Unexpected blessings are sometimes the sweetest.

Also: how lovely to meet you!

One Photo said...

Six word sentences are not easy to write I agree, but you used your words oh so wisely and conveyed every nuance of emotion in doing so.

I like this as a theme - it makes you stop and think about what the really important words are in conveying your message. I shall have to give this a try one week as verbal diarrhea is a constant problem for me in my writing!

cheekymama said...

I like this theme and you used it well. Sometimes setting limits is what really allows us to express ourselves (hey, just like parenting!). Pleased to meet you, via SITS

from Babes about Town
http://babesabouttown.com

TKW said...

You did a great job with this! I'm impressed!