Pages

9.30.2009

It's All Too Much...

My thoughts are all jumbly today. I am feeling a little anxious because it's payday on Friday and I have bills that should really have been paid LAST payday...but I'm trying to not worry about it too much. Not very much I can do about it, and we're all still alive and healthy, right?

I had a lot I wanted to write about, and of course I didn't sit down earlier and even jot any of it down, so now it's pretty much gone from my brain. I swear I've got some sort of memory disorder. I often forget what I'm saying before I'm even finished with a sentence. Or maybe it's just "mommy brain" - the extended version. Hard to say.

I trudged up the hill to the park today, and although I've been letting the older kids walk lately, I decided I didn't feel like dealing with their dawdling today so I pulled 'em in the wagon. About halfway there I remembered why I started letting the older ones walk: THEY'RE HEAVY! I was sort of glad it was cool out today because I was sweating and breathing heavy way before we got to the park. I got a nice little surprise when we got there, too--they put in some park benches. I used to have to sit on the (inevitably wet) grass if I wanted to sit at the park. And man, did I feel like sitting when we got there today!

I love the park. I'm going to be so sad when it's too cold/snowy to go there. I love autumn, but I'm really, really sad to see the summer go this year. It's been good times only being indoors after the sun goes down. Not looking forward to tromping through the snow with stacks of wood for the fire. Sigh...such is life I guess.

My husband called me this morning and asked me to spam craigslist and make flyers for his photography in a last-ditch effort to get some senior photo business. I don't mind doing it, but sometimes it drives me nuts that he just calls up and expects me to do whatever it is he decided needs done today. I've got my own schedule going on here! Just because there isn't a timeclock doesn't mean I don't have tasks I'd like to accomplish. Such is the plight of stay-at-home moms...everybody just thinks you're sitting around watching soap operas and eating bonbons all day... (for the record, I'm reading a book and drinking coffee all day. BIG difference)

Anyway. Off to the flyer-making business. I think I've proven my statement that my mind is jumbly today, because I don't even know what the heck this post was about. Next time I'll just get the little one to come in here and mash on the keyboard for a few minutes, it might be more interesting.

No comments: